One of our techs brought this news item to our attention today: Microsoft has released its Outlook app, which includes support for iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail! I know a lot of our clients who rely on Outlook could really benefit from having their email, calendars, contacts, and attachments in one unified view. Furthermore, this might be the best app ever for Gmail users.
Here’s the official list of features from Microsoft:
Manage your inbox
- Outlook automatically triages your inbox for you, surfacing your most important email. Less relevant email is placed in your “Other” inbox.
- Swipe to quickly delete, archive, or schedule messages.
- Schedule emails and they will return to your inbox at a later time.
Your calendar built-in
- Switching between your email and calendar apps is a thing of the past. Outlook includes your calendar and notifies you with appointment reminders.
- Find available meeting times and share them in email or schedule a meeting.
Attachments made easy
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and other accounts with just a few taps.
- Send large files even if you haven’t downloaded them to your phone.
Find anything fast
- Filter your inbox to only show messages that are unread, flagged, or have attachments, with a single tap.
- Quickly find the right messages, people and files by typing just a few letters.
- Outlook shows people you communicate with most often, and lets you conveniently drill down to see all related emails, meetings and files.
Nota bene! The Outlook app for iOS requires iOS 8.0 and 22.5 MB free space.
Download Outlook app for free on Apple iTunes here. And please feel free to contact us, so that we may help you arrange for an appointment with one of our Apple certified Mac techs, who will help you navigate the new options and see how they can improve your workflow!