Great article in The New Yorker this week – “The It Bird” by Susan Orlean. No no no it’s NOT “The IT Bird.” http://bit.ly/F2yJm
If your printer drivers were not included with the Snow Leopard OS installer, you probably need to install Rosetta.
Apple has a straightforward support document in its Mac OS X 10.6 Help section here.
Yesterday Apple released the Mac OS X v10.6.1 update for Snow Leopard users. Users can get the update by going to the Apple menu and selecting Software Update.
This update includes the following fixes:
- Improves compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- Addresses an issue in which some printer compatibility drivers might not appear properly in the Add Printer browser
- Addresses an issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly
- Addresses an issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- Resolves an issue in which the Command-Option-T keyboard shortcut would sometimes bring up the special characters menu in applications such as Mail and TextEdit
- Addresses instances in which auto account setup in Mail might not work
- Resolves issues when sending mail with certain SMTP servers
- Addresses an issue in which Motion 4 could become unresponsive
- Includes an update to Adobe Flash Player plug-in version 10.0.32.18
By popular request, we put forth here a brief list of informational guides and reviews of Snow Leopard that have been published by various tech sites:
*NOTA BENE: We always recommend that our clients check in with us before installing ANYTHING. For all other Mac users out there who are itching to install Snow Leopard, please make sure you backup your machine before installing!
2 new digital cameras from Leica: the M9 and the X1. Both look super sweet. http://bit.ly/15ZI7Z
Macrumors, the New York Times and others reported yesterday that the Mac Box Set version of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard was available on the Apple Store website yesterday. The listing apparently noted the box set as shipping within 24 hours, but is now no longer available on the Apple Store site.
This siting has fueled speculation that the release of Snow Leopard could come as early as August 28, instead of the September launch that was announced earlier this summer.
Fantastic! Skype now has screen sharing! http://www.skype.com/download/skype/macosx/
The Mac OS X 10.5.8 Update was released yesterday and you can update by running Software Update from the Apple menu on your machine or by downloading the Update here from Apple’s website.
The following improvements and fixes are included in the update:
- Upgrades Safari to version 4.0.2.
- Improves the accuracy of full history search in Safari 4.
- Resolves an issue in which certain resolutions might not appear in the Display pane in System Preferences.
- Dragging an Aperture image into Automator now invokes an Aperture action instead of incorrectly invoking an iPhoto action.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent importing of large photo and movie files from digital cameras.
- Improves overall Bluetooth reliability with external devices, USB webcams and printers.
- Addresses an issue that could cause extended startup times.
- Improves iCal reliability with MobileMe Sync and CalDav.
- Addresses data reliability issues with iDisk and MobileMe.
- Improves overall reliability with AFP.
- Improves overall reliability with Managed Client.
- Improves compatibility and reliability for joining AirPort networks.
- Improves Sync Service reliability.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
- Improves compatibility with some external USB hard drives.
- Includes latest security fixes.