Hurray for all you BlackBerry users out there! It has been reported that BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac will be out this Friday, October 2 at 1:00pm EST. Better late than never!
Archive for September, 2009
Great article in The New Yorker this week – “The It Bird” by Susan Orlean. No no no it’s NOT “The IT Bird.” http://bit.ly/F2yJm
If your printer drivers were not included with the Snow Leopard OS installer, you probably need to install Rosetta.
Apple has a straightforward support document in its Mac OS X 10.6 Help section here.
Yesterday Apple released the Mac OS X v10.6.1 update for Snow Leopard users. Users can get the update by going to the Apple menu and selecting Software Update.
This update includes the following fixes:
- Improves compatibility with some Sierra Wireless 3G modems
- Addresses an issue in which some printer compatibility drivers might not appear properly in the Add Printer browser
- Addresses an issue that might cause DVD playback to stop unexpectedly
- Addresses an issue that might make it difficult to remove an item from the Dock
- Resolves an issue in which the Command-Option-T keyboard shortcut would sometimes bring up the special characters menu in applications such as Mail and TextEdit
- Addresses instances in which auto account setup in Mail might not work
- Resolves issues when sending mail with certain SMTP servers
- Addresses an issue in which Motion 4 could become unresponsive
- Includes an update to Adobe Flash Player plug-in version 10.0.32.18
By popular request, we put forth here a brief list of informational guides and reviews of Snow Leopard that have been published by various tech sites:
*NOTA BENE: We always recommend that our clients check in with us before installing ANYTHING. For all other Mac users out there who are itching to install Snow Leopard, please make sure you backup your machine before installing!